Private markets investment manager Portfolio Advisors seeks an associate with three to five years of experience to join its Darien, Connecticut-based marketing and investor relations team. It’s a mid/junior-level position with plenty of opportunity for advancement!
The Firm: Portfolio Advisors is a private equity, private real estate, and private credit investor with $30.6 billion in AUM and an established track record in primary, secondary, direct, and co-investment strategies. Founded in 1994, the firm works closely with clients to tailor private market investment solutions via sponsored fund offerings and customized separate accounts. Portfolio Advisors’s investment professionals conduct due diligence and client service activities from offices in the United States, Switzerland and Hong Kong.
The Role: The firm seeks an intelligent, creative, outgoing and high-energy individual to work in a team-oriented environment, interacting with peers as well as with senior members of the investment teams. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter possessing strong intellectual curiosity and an eagerness to learn about the firm’s business. Critical thinking, direct communication, clear and effective writing, and an ability to organize multiple objectives and effectively prioritize tasks are characteristics that can promote success in this role. You must be able to do the following:
- Work independently and in group settings with minimal supervision;
- Organize multiple tasks and communicate clearly and effectively with both internal and external professionals at multiple levels;
- Apply strong interpersonal, quantitative and technical skills effectively.
- Writing, editing and proofreading lengthy, detailed RFPs and RFIs;
- Editing, updating marketing materials for all fund and service offerings;
- Reading and learning to understand legal disclosure documents;
- Researching industry publications, databases to support marketing;
- Creating and updating reports using the company’s CRM and proprietary back-office software;
- Performing detailed analyses on industry topics, competitors and client investment portfolios;
- Interfacing with investors, clients and external service providers;
- Writing professional responses to investors/clients seeking answers;
- Supporting senior team members in preparing for roadshows.
- Experience at a private markets investment firm, in marketing/biz dev;
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong undergraduate track record;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office—Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Strong analytical, strategic, and problem-solving skills;
- Impeccable attention to detail;
- Ability to work under time pressure;
- Systematic approach to organization and prioritization;
- Confidence to interact with all levels of management.
- MBA, CFA, and/or CAIA designation;
- Undergraduate or graduate level coursework in finance, marketing, and alternative investments;
- Experience with DealCloud.com or a similar CRM system.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter and resumé to Nate Ondricek at email@example.com. Mention that you saw it on Private Equity Career News.
David M. Toll
Publisher, Private Equity Career News
This recruitment ad was sponsored by Portfolio Advisors.
Hiring? Why not send your own sponsored email? It’s a great way to reach more than 3,200 top-quartile private equity professionals. Email Publisher David M. Toll.